9/22/09

Cosmetic Dentist Offers Invisalign Invisible Braces San Diego

On my first visit into the dentist to be fitted for Invisalign, I was surprised at how quick and easy the process was. They took some molds of my teeth and I was only there for about 20 minutes for the molds. Invisalign worked their magic and came up with a 10 tray treatment plan for me.

I returned to the dentist office to receive my first set of trays. The trays look like clear plastic retainers. The dentist put 6 little white dots on the exterior of my teeth. Four on top, one each on the eye tooth and the one right behind that and two on bottom just below the ones he put on top. They feel like smooth little balls on your teeth when you're not wearing the braces. These little white dots work as anchors to hold the trays in place as they start to manipulate the teeth. I wore the first set of trays for 3 weeks, then each set after that for 2 weeks. I'm in tray set #7 and my teeth are pretty much straight.

Invisalign must be worn for a minimum of 22 hours a day, so all the time. I take mine out to eat and of course to brush my teeth but you can drink with them on. There was no pain involved at all like I've hear with people that have conventional braces. When you first snap in a new set of trays, they are tight and give your teeth a big bear hug but they continue to loosen as you get closer to moving to your next set of trays.

In six more weeks, I'll have my beautiful, straight white teeth again! To learn more about Invisalign visit: Cosmetic Dentist Boston


Bonita Del Rey Dental
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist
serving the Chula Vista, Eastlake and Bay Area, San Diego.